Overview: Do you want to pilot a plane for private use, or as part of your Frozen ATPL training? The EASA-PPL allows unrestricted flying throughout Europe. It is the most flexible of the PPL options and is the preferred choice for commercial pilot students following the modular route.
1. Ground school: multiple-choice examinations
2. Total flying: 45 hours
3. Dual flying: 25-35 hours
4. Solo flying: 10 hours
- Current EASA class 2 medical certificate before first solo flight
- Minimum age: 18
We can train students on the Diamond DA40. Current PPL course fees are as follows:
- Diamond DA40: £12,025 including VAT (where applicable).
All PPL courses at FTA include:
- 45 flying hours *
- Full instruction*
- 30 landing fees (EGKA)
- 20 touch & go (EGKA)
- Training in both EFIS (Garmin 1000) and standard
* Additional hours required will be charged at the normal hourly rate.
* Any medical, test and CAA fees incur an additional charge.